The Dial-A-Ride scheme offers a specialised door-to-door travel service for people who are unable to use public transport. You can use the service for almost any journey - a shopping trip, a visit to the doctor or dentist, etc.
- Providing wheelchair accessible transport for elderly, people with disabilities and handicaps and those unable to access public transport or a car.
- We have 18 staff/drivers and also volunteer drivers who use their own cars for hospital appointments, etc and charge a mileage rate.
- We have been operating since 1983 and we currently have 9 wheelchair adapted mini buses in operation.
- We operate daily from 9.00am to 16.30pm and one vehicle on a Saturday 9.00am to 13.00pm.
- We cover the south area of the Forest of Dean.
- Please feel free to email us or call us for your transportation needs.
- Registered Charity. 1005716
How will I benefit by joining Dial-a-Ride?
There are many benefits and the attached describes a number -
- Retaining an active lifestyle and your independence.
- Opportunity to mix with local folk of all ages and backgrounds.
- Opportunity to make new and lasting friendships.
- Gets you to social, health and educational activities.
- Opportunity to see new and old parts of Gloucestershire.
- Decreases isolation and increases motivation.
- Allows you to shape the future of this minibus service - for your benefit!