Welcome to the Institute of Cemetery and Crematorium Management (ICCM)Web Site. The ICCM is an Institute that has represented professionals working in burial and cremation authorities and companies throughout the UK since 1913.
Our aim is to improve standards of services to the bereaved by providing professionals, authorities and companies with Policy and Best Practice Guidance and Educational and Training programmes. You can find out more by clicking the About ICCM tab above.
We are aiming to promote the development, advancement and welfare of our members, to facilitate the better provision, operation, administration and management of cemeteries,crematoria and bereavement related services.
Primary Purposes :
1. To promote the improvement of cemeteries, crematoria and public services for the disposal of the dead.
2. To promote the advancement and welfare of people employed in the above undertakings.
3. To encourage technical and other studies in relation to the above and to improve and develop the technical and general knowledge of the profession.
4. To provide education and training, including lectures and conferences.
5. To provide library facilities
6. To distribute a journal and papers produced by the Institute.
7. To undertake investigations.
8. To engage people to act in a technical and advisory capacity.
9. To distribute trust funds
10. To promote, support or oppose initiatives (including proposed legislation) relating to burial, cremation and ancillary public services.